Oregano is often used as a culinary spice due to its strong flavor. but a lot of people also use it to prepare a powerful natural. But, what a lot of people are unaware of is that it possesses one-of-a-kind healing advantages and it has therefore been used for centuries to treat a variety of illnesses.
It contains potent antioxidants like thymol and rosemary acid. These phytonutrients have the capacity to rejuvenate the damaged cells in the body and keep them safe from the damage of free radicals.
Other Benefits of Oregano
- Abundant in omega-3 fatty acids and vitamins A, C, and E, as well as minerals like magnesium, zinc, iron, potassium, and calcium
- This herb is also known to contain volatile oils that posses powerful diuretic, antifungal, carminative, and diaphoretic characteristics
- The antiseptic properties of oregano will impede the spread of harmful microorganisms in the body
- Oregano oil has soothing abilities that are great in treating sinus inflammation, sore throat, as well as other types of infections
- According to the Journal of Pharmacology and Pharmacy, it also has the capacity to better the cancer indicators
- In a study, colon cancer cells significantly shrank and were eventually destroyed after exposure to oregano
- Studies point out that oregano tea consumed regularly has the power to reduce the levels of cholesterol
- Oregano will strengthen your immunity and it can alleviate menstrual cramps and pain, treat colds, the flu, and coughing, destroy intestinal parasites, strengthen the heart, resolve constipation and urinary issues, etc.
Recipe for Oregano Tea
- ½ or 1 tbsp of fresh oregano leaves and 2 cups of boiling water
- a tbsp of dried leaves and 2 cups of boiling water
- a tsp of raw honey
Preparation: Chop the leaves and then add them to the boiling water. Cover the content and leave it to steep for 5 minutes. Then, strain the content into a teacup and add a tsp of honey if you want a sweeter taste. Enjoy!