The One Product You Should Never Use In The Kitchen. It Causes Lung Failure

Oh that infamous Chlorine Bleach… Most of us think that if you really want get things cleaned around the house, you most certainly should be using Bleach. After all my mother used it, my grandma used it and her mom before her used it. But on the other hand, there is more data coming out each day warning us about harmful, even hazardous effects of Chlorine Bleach on our health.

As we know in many households Chlorine Bleach is one of the most commonly used and relied upon cleaners. It is known for its ability to keep clothes white, to assist in removing mold and mildew; its largely used in the kitchen because of its disinfectant properties. But it’s one of the most dangerous products you can ever use. The most obvious danger of Chlorine Bleach is, believe it or not, printed on its label. It is a heavily corrosive material capable of irritating the eyes, skin and respiratory tract often by simply inhaling the gases its use emits. It deteriorates the lungs and esophagus lining in addition to the scarring of the respiratory tract.

Even bleach that has been diluted can cause skin burns and irritation. Bleach is particularly harmful to infants, young children and pets because their immune systems cannot fight off the harsh chemicals. Did you know that bleach can cause damage to the nervous system, asthma flares, extreme headaches, migraines and vomiting. But the most serious hazard of bleach to our bodies is  when mixed with ammonia, vinegar or any other acid type cleaning material, it causes dangerous toxic fumes to be released into the air. These toxins can cause serious, sometimes deadly side effects when inhaled..

Bleach is a known contributor to water pollution, when bleach makes its way into our water systems, it reacts with other minerals and elements to create a host of dangerous toxins that can take many years to dissipate. Dioxin is just one of the most dangerous by-product of bleach and chlorine-based cleaning supplies we use daily in our kitchens and bathrooms. And it is the most frightening of all since dioxins do not break down and remain in our environment for many years. Researchers believe that dioxin can contribute to cancer, endocrine disorders, and other serious health problems; including the ability to mimic human hormones and can cause low sperm count, testicular and breast cancer. Just think about it every time when you are ready to open that new Chlorine Bleach bottle and get ready to start cleaning kitchen countertops or bathroom tub.

Did you know that Occupational Safety and Health Administration has banned the use of Bleach in restaurants, schools and hospitals because of all the hazards? Shouldn’t we start doing the same when it comes to our own households? Our own health? Our own family members?

Stop using toxic cancer causing products, try baking soda, vinegar, lemon juice, borax or essential oils. Each of these time-tested, simple ingredients can clean your kitchen, bathroom, surfaces the same way bleach can but without the environmental and health hazards.

Cleaning with essential oils

In my own home I love using Lemon Essential Oil. If you add a few drops to your homemade cleanser, it will make your home smell like Pine-Sol without those nasty chemicals. Use it to wipe your kitchen counters, it will brighten and remove stains. Add a few drops of the Lemon Essential Oil to a gallon of water when mopping your white tile floors in the kitchen or around the house.

My second favorite alternative to Bleach would be using Tea Tree Essential Oil. Because of its antibacterial, antiseptic and antifungal properties it works especial well to get rid of mildew and mold around the house. Simply mix two teaspoons Tea Tree Essential Oil with two cups of water in a spray bottle. Then, spritz the mixture on moldy or mildew areas, like showers. Don’t rinse off the mixture.

As you can see there are plenty of natural ways you can incorporate into your daily cleaning routine, knowing that none of them would have any hazardous side effects on the health of your family and would not have a negative impact on the environment. It take a little bit of effort to make changes in your life but the final result would have a great impact on your wellbeing.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.