Bananas are very beneficial for our health, but did you know that its peel is also very beneficial?
People in India are using the banana peel because it also has high nutritive values.
Here are few ways how to use banana peel:
- Banana peel for teeth whitening
Rub your teeth with the inside part of the banana skin before sleeping every day for 14 weeks straight. Soon, you will have positive results.
- Remove skin warts
Banana skin can remove your warts. It eliminates them and disables their reoccurrence. Apply the banana skin over the wart and fix it with gauze. Leave it to work during the night. Do the same process until the wart is eliminated.
- Acne and wrinkle-free
Banana peel has strong anti-oxidant and anti-aging properties, which makes it perfect for skin care. Simply, rub the banana peel on the skin, particularly on the irritated spot and leave it to work for half an hour. In this way you will nourish and hydrate your skin, while eliminating the acne.
- Curing psoriasis
This skin condition cannot be completely healed with banana peel, but you can relieve the symptoms.
- Banana peel as an analgesic
Just rub the banana skin on the sore places on your body. It is very effective analgesic.
- Banana peel for losing weight
Banana peel contains large concentrations of potassium. It contains 40% of potassium.
This mineral is necessary for the process of weight loss. It enhances the metabolism and allows burning more calories. It increases your energy levels, which makes you more active.
Anyway, banana peels include many other components like fiber, antioxidants, B-vitamins and vitamin A.
Actually, the peel is richer in fiber than the banana. Fiber will keep you satiated for longer period of time.
Since the bananas have incredible weight-loss properties, you should prepare the following banana peel recipe:
Bananas Skins with Black-Eyed Peas
- 4 green peels
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- 2 teaspoons of coconut oil
- ½ a teaspoon of mustard seeds
- ½ a cup of black-eyed peas (in case they are fresh, soak them overnight)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened grated coconut
- Juice of one lime
1. Cut the banana skins into small pieces and boil them in water. Add turmeric and a little bit of salt. Add several drops of oil in the mixture in order to prevent sap from sticking to your pot. Once the mixture begins to boil, you should simmer until the banana peel becomes tender. Strain the mixture and keep the water for further use.
2. If the black-eyed peas are fresh, boil them until they become tender. In case you have canned black-eyed peas you should wash them.
3. Apply some coconut oil on a medium heat in some frying pan. Then add the mustard seeds and cook until they start to pop.
Then you can add the boiled peels and the black-eyed peas. Cook for 5 minutes while stirring constantly. Add a little bit of salt to taste together with the lime juice.